Advanced RS232 Protocol Analyzer
Equipped with a multitude of visualization tools the analyzer allows a detailed view of every transmission layer in a RS232 communication. It detects errors coming from incorrect data formats, invalid timings, erroneous byte or telegram spacings or wrong telegram contents and/or checksums.
With its ability for interactive real-time analysis it is the recommended tool in developing protocols, troubleshooting, protocol adaption and education/training (protocol functioning).
- 10 Nanoseconds precise and PC independent time resolution for time critical protocols.
- 200 MHz sample rate ensures most accurate display of the signal and timing even with highest baudrates.
- Highly versatile in use by ready-made protocol templates for 3964(R), Modbus, Profibus, DNP3, IEC60870 and many more…
- Analysis of individual and proprietary protocols by own protocol templates.
- OSI layer-based visualization of the signal levels (tri-state), raw data and telegrams
- A special decoding unit for any baud rates from 1…1MBaud and 5-9 bit data words (RS232 level or logic signals).
- Integrated HW support for synchronous RS232 transmissions.
- Data injection, error simulation (frame, parity, breaks), signal inverting and interactive signal switching of all lines (optional).
- Scriptable by interlinking command line tools (e.g. long time records and special event triggering).
|Baud Rates||Any baud rate between 1Baud…1MBaud|
|Data Format||5…9 Data bits, none, even, odd, mark, space parity, any stop bits|
|Logical Linestates||Detection and display of logical linestates:|
1 (V+), 0 (V-), invalid (-1.3V < IN < +1.3V
|Time resolution||10ns for all line change events (hardware based, OS independent)|
|Signal input||RS232 standard level, ±7V to ±12V, ESD protected inputs 5kΩ|
|Bus connectors||Standard D-Sub 9pin connectors, male and female, linked through high speed and via software switchable RS232 buffers|
|Logic Mode||All RS232 inputs can be used concertedly as inverting logic inputs, trigger level 1.3V, input impedance about 5kΩ|
|Device-PC||Standard USB cable included|
|Power supply||Supply through USB, ca 200mA|
|Principle||The analyzer marks every event (data byte, signal alternation) with a time stamp in 1µs resolution (independent of the PC) and send the information via USB to the connected PC|
|Featuring||Real time analysing and simultaneous access/display of different record parts even during an active recording|
|Capacity||4GByte max. record file size on PC for real time analysing. Unlimited (or free hard disk space) records when using the special command line API for long time recordings|
|Record time||The record time depends on the selected kind of events and data rate of the connection|
|Ready-to-use||3964(R), BACNet, DF1, DNP3, IEC60870, MDB, Modbus (ASCII + RTU), Profibus, SAE-J1587, SAE-J1922, SRecord, USS, 9-Bit.|
|Individual protocols||Adaption of any protocol and telegram display with own protocol templates written in Lua|
|Size:||10 x 5 x 2.5cm|
1 x Analyzer
1 x USB cable for connection with PC
1 x Standard RS232 Cable 2m
1 x CDROM with Software (Windows + Linux), 300-page manual (PDF), drivers and additional tools
1 x Laminated Quickstart Guide
1 x Laminated RS232 Reference
3 - Year Warranty
You will find more information on IFTOOLS website.