ValueCAN 4-2C , Dual CAN/ CAN FD isolated interface with USB-Type C
- this product is not compatible with software from ETAS and MERLO or other vendor proposing their own version of the product.
- Does not include cable for OBD / J1939.
The ValueCAN 4-2 is the next-generation, low-cost, high-performance tool for CAN FD, backward compatible with CAN 2.0.
The ValueCAN 4-2 comes with all the field-tested features of the ValueCAN 3, plus much more, including software-controlled CAN termination, increased buffer size, improved USB latency performance, and standalone operating capability using a USB charger.
The ValueCAN 4-2 supports 2x CAN or CAN FD channels, has USB Type A and Type C options available, and certified drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
The ValueCAN 4-2 is fully isolated from the PC, and its isolation layer is self-powered from USB, which eliminates the need for external power for the CAN transceiver. The ValueCAN 4-2’s isolation, a feature not common on low-cost interfaces, eliminates issues with grounding or noise affecting your PC and its communications. The ValueCAN 4-2 is also electrically hardened to survive an abusive environment, including reverse battery voltage and electrical transients. To make wiring easy, the device pinout is printed clearly on the housing. The ValueCAN 4-2 is also backed by a one-year warranty.
The ValueCAN 4-2 has been tested and verified to operate on high-bandwidth CAN FD networks. This includes 100% utilization at 8 Mbs speed on both channels.
The ValueCAN 4-2 can load real-time Function Block scripts and C code created with Vehicle Spy Professional. These scripts then execute in real time with microsecond resolution. The scripts can be controlled and mon
High Level Protocols Supported
The ValueCAN 4-2 is compatible with J1939, OBD2 on CAN, Keyword Protocol over CAN, UDS diagnostics, CCP/XCP, DeviceNet, and CANOpen. We offer cables for J1939 and automotive diagnostics on CAN. ISO15765 for CAN FD is implemented in hardware, which allows for super-fast ECU flashing.
Software Support: Turn-Key
A copy of Vehicle Spy 3 Trial Edition is included with the ValueCAN 4-2. Vehicle Spy is a powerful vehicle bus analyzer for monitoring messages and configuring baud rates. The professional user will want to upgrade to the full version of Vehicle Spy, which lets you filter traffic, decode message data, build scripts, and simulate other nodes. You can also build GUIs to control, log, view, and build graphical displays of your data.
Intrepid Security Module (ISM) for Cybersecurity:
ISM runs an embedded code with the support of Coremini Standalone mode feature. ISMs embedded code can be used for encryption and authentication of vehicle network data as part of the CyberSecurity.
Among other use cases, ISM can support Real-Time processing of the Vehicle Network Data and CCP secure access.
CAN Bus Termination Test
You can use the ValueCAN 4-2 with Vehicle Spy to check the termination of an attached CAN network. This is done by generating a CAN error frame and measuring how much time the bus takes to recover from the error, with microsecond-level resolution.
More information on the product on the Intrepid Control site.
- USB OS support: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and Linux (Linux coming soon)
- Fully USB-powered with electrical isolation
- Industry-standard 9-pin D-sub connector pinout
- Integrated 1 meter USB cable with Type-A and Type-C options
- LEDs indicate transmission or reception of CAN traffic as well
as error states for each channel
- LED-illuminated strain relief on USB cable for USB status
- J2534 compliant for CAN and ISO15765
- RP1210 compliant for CAN and J1939
- Field-upgradeable flash firmware
- Vehicle Spy Trial setup tool for baud rates
- CE compliant
- One-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 64 × 41 × 21 mm (2.52” × 1.60” × 0.82”)
- Weight: 91g (0.20 lb)
- Python Example: https://github.com/intrepidcs/python_ics
- ICSneoAPI Example: https://github.com/intrepidcs/icsneoapi
Network Specifications – CAN / CAN FD:
- 2x CAN FD / CAN 2.0 channels (Bosch MCAN core) with MCP MCP2562FD PHY
- Compatible with DeviceNet and CANopen
- Double-buffered CAN transmission
- Software selectable CAN termination
- CCP protocol hardware acceleration
- Listen-only mode support
- Termination check feature
- Error frame transmit support
- 64-bit timestamping to accuracy of 25 ns with no overflow
- Simultaneous operation on both CAN networks
- Transmit message double-buffering on all networks, allowing back-to-back message transmission
* Specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact Intrepid Control Systems for details. Volume discounts and private label distribution agreements available. All trademarks mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.