Crystal-clear waveform analysis
The PicoScope 4000A Series of PC oscilloscopes is a second-generation upgrade and expansion of our high-resolution, deep-memory product portfolio.
With 2-, 4- and 8-channel models available, the PicoScope 4000A Series boasts 12-bit hardware resolution (to 16 bits with Resolution Enhancement), 256 MS deep capture memory, 20 MHz bandwidth with 80 MS/s sampling speed, up to 70 dB SFDR and a built-in 14-bit triggerable signal generator and 80 MS/s AWG. A SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface powers the instrument and delivers up to 160 MS/s communications to the host PC.
All models run with the popular PicoScope 6 user interface and benefit from the free PicoSDK software development kit, which gives users direct programming control of the hardware for custom applications. The scopes also work with PicoLog 6 data logging software for lower-speed long-duration captures.
The following features come as standard on all 4000A oscilloscopes:
PicoScope 4824A : 8 channels of high resolution
With the PicoScope 4000A Series providing a choice of either 2, 4 or 8 high-resolution analog channels you can easily view audio, ultrasonic, vibration and power waveforms, analyze timing of complex systems, and perform a wide range of precision measurement tasks on multiple inputs at the same time. The scopes have a small, compact footprint, yet the BNC connectors with a minimum 20 mm spacing still accept all common probes and accessories. Despite their compact size, there is no compromise on performance. With a high vertical resolution of 12 bits, 20 MHz bandwidth, 256 MS buffer memory, and a fast sampling rate of 80 MS/s, the PicoScope 4000A Series has the power and functionality to deliver accurate results. With up to 8 channels, these oscilloscopes can analyze multiple serial buses such as UART, I2C, SPI, CAN and LIN plus control and driver signals.
Why choose the PicoScope 4824A oscilloscope?
The PicoScope 4824A Series provides 20 MHz bandwidth, low noise, 12-bit resolution, deep capture memory and an integrated function and arbitrary waveform generator in a compact USB 3 connected PC-based package, together with a proven user interface. This series of oscilloscopes is especially suited to engineers, scientists and technicians working on a wide range of electrical, mechanical, audio, lidar, radar, ultrasonic, NDT and predictive maintenance systems who need to make precise measurements and analysis of repetitive or single-shot long-duration waveforms.
The PicoScope 4824A Series is unlike conventional oscilloscopes with 8-bit resolution and limited capture memory or card-based digitizers that require an expensive mainframe and offers the following benefits:
- PicoScope 6 user interface with time- and frequency-domain waveform views
- Automatic measurements of important waveform parameters on up to a million waveform cycles with each triggered acquisition using DeepMeasure™
- Decoding of 18 popular industry serial bus standards
- An application programming interface that provides direct control of the hardware
- Five-year warranty included as standard
Suitable for a broad range of applications, including:
- Power supply start sequencing
- 7-channel audio systems
- Multi-sensor systems
- Multi-phase drives and controls
- Predictive/preventive maintenance
- Complex embedded system development
- Power harmonics analysis
- Vibration analysis and diagnostics
- Long-duration waveform capture
- Lubricant analysis
- Acoustic emission analysis
- Oil condition sensors
- Machine monitoring
- Motor condition monitoring overview and motor current signature analysis (MCSA)
- Model-based voltage and current systems
- Infrared thermography
Complex embedded systems
When debugging an embedded system with a scope, you can quickly run out of channels. You may need to look at an I2C or SPI bus at the same time as multiple power rails, DAC outputs and logic signals. With up to eight channels, the PicoScope 4000A Series can cope with all of this. Choose whether to decode up to eight serial buses, with analog waveforms and decoded data both visible, or a combination of serial buses and other analog or digital signals. PicoScope provides advanced triggering on all channels, so you can search for runt pulses, dropouts and noise as well as looking for data patterns using the 4-input Boolean logic trigger.
- PicoScope 4000A Series 2- ( PicoScope 4224A ), 4-( PicoScope 4424A ) or 8-channel ( PicoScope 4824A) oscilloscope
- The PicoScope 4824A is provided by default with 4 probes, more are available as option.
- USB 3.0 cable 1.8 m
- Quick Start Guide: